Friday, February 6, 2009

Squash & The Hidden Agenda


It has been 3 years since I’ve first started to play squash. Only a few know why I started squash, but I had a hidden agenda behind it actually.

During Foundation 2nd sem, I had rashes all over my back. After consulting the Dr., he told me that those rashes are a sign that I might be diabetic. WOW!!! So much to take in at that time. But after my full body check-up, my sugar level was fine, normal to be precise. Then I thought that it might be a good idea to catch up with a sport and loose some weight (which I did eventually…a bit).

For the credit, Jim was nice enough to coach me along the way. Then I moved to playing with Guan up till now. Flashing back someone said, “Hey, we spend more time picking up the balls then hitting it, don’t we??” I mean even now, Guan and I also spend most of our time picking up balls rather than hitting on it but we still enjoy it. Don’t you Guan?? Lol…

The hidden agenda behind it is actually to mingle with people. I found it hard to even have a word with the Chinese community back then. Then I thought since they do play some sports, we can be friends from there on, or at least have something of similar topic to talk on.

3 years? Fuih…fast fast! Mak Teh and Pak Abbas, come to Sports Complex also la!

10 comments:

Jim said...

lol i didnt coach la. we played together ma. :) hehe. barely one more year for us to play some more. come quick! :)

hui nee said...

wei lets p the lake side there n take pic!!!rmb when we saw a snake!!!!!!

accidentally-in-love said...

KEL!!!!!!!!!!

Hows u!??

Guess what!!
I have one semester left!!! WEEEE!!!!

Missing you..

Happy V day!

Unknown said...

May I include Kiang Fei in my early squash days as well. Hehehe

Hui Nee, nanti kita pi la one day.

AIL, girl...long time no hear? Good for u. If only Hana were to stay along the way, she will make it also rite? Hey, stay put yeah and good luck! Miss u too...=)

Anonymous said...

me le me le... haha!

coach me la..like squash! but i not good in it. haha~ who know we can into frens thru games=)

Anonymous said...

*turn*

missing words.=)

Anonymous said...

Arr, Kelvin. Kidding nia. I should have play with you after midnight that day. Wakaka. :)

KELVIN said...

Jolin, I tot we were more interested to literally 'fight' rather than squash; and I seriously tot that we became frens by just asking "Wanna fight?" each and every time we meet? That was fun la so long time ago.. Haha..

Fei Fei...I tell u what, I will dedicate the whole next blog post for u. Remember to check it out. Ok? Hope u like it!

Anonymous said...

Correctly your article helped me truly much in my college assignment. Hats high to you dispatch, wish look ahead in the direction of more cognate articles promptly as its sole of my pet topic to read.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.