Friday, May 3, 2013

The Old Oak Tree

I really wanted to name it "The Ole Oak Tree" instead. But on the night when I wanted to design the finishing touches, I just randomly checked in the Oxford dictionary and the word 'ole' was not found. So here goes, The Old Oak Tree.



This genus seed,
Will lead to a new saplings,
A new beginning,
Ready for the world,
Heading straight for the light,
The sky is the only limit it has,
Distracted it shall never be,
Despite the silent darkness
One may have to face,
Spreading its branches,
That reached a distant,
A distance fearsome to others,
Extending its deep, deep roots,
Growing values within its trunk,
Blooming flowers of joy,
Lush green leaves in excitement,
That's how you grow a tree.

This old oak tree,
Standing there majestically alone,
Strong, Upright, firm,
But yet,
Adored by many.





And remember this water color painting I did last 2 months ago?

Randomly, I put them together and it became such a beautiful piece of souvenir. 


And who did I presented it to? My boss (literally ex-boss) by now. His reactions? He was surprised, and he brought it straight back home to show it to his wife.

Yes, he was being difficult to us. In fact, he was being utterly difficult against me. He has this kinda of aura that makes you stutter whenever you speak to him. But I had to prove myself that I can be of his high standards, and so I did. Two years under him, was a nightmare. One thing good is, whenever you woke up from a scary nightmare, you will ever remember the scariness it poses and will never even try to go there again.

Good luck boss. I'll pray you will do well. With this, I forgive.

No comments: