Sunday, June 2, 2013

The 26th Birthday

Well, lets start with Wesak Day first. I was watching the procession as it went by and I suddenly remembered there was this one particular practice that people (Buddhist) usually do on their birthday - liberation.


Liberation is an act of freeing (emancipating) someone or something from their current sufferings. And to make things more interesting, a day after Wesak Day, I found this tree behind the place I parked my car.


Well, its the Buddha tree. And this has to be the first time I saw fruits on its tree. Magnificent!

So then came by last week, 31st May 2013. Its stock closing day, for your info. Thus, I was expecting that I'll be working till at least 12 midnight or 1 morning. But it turned out, everything was done by 11 pm! Surprise surprise!! So before I went to bed that night, I was just browsing through YouTube just to watch whatever I can find. So I searched for "Oprah" and I found this interview she had with a Vietnamese monk, Thich Nhat Hanh on her new series the Super Soul Sunday. And I was just so enlightening to just even list to their conversations.

When midnight strikes, I switch off my phone, and then it was 1st June 2013.

I woke up early, and I choose to wear red, simply because my favourite color is red. I went to work, and well wishes just flown in from Facebook, Viber, Whatsapp. SMS and We Chat. I left work about 3 in the evening, and I went to a pet store to get some fishes. For what purpose? Liberation...


And so those fishes got liberated at this river...


And I went home, feeling better than usual when suddenly my dearest friend called me out.



 Thanks for the cake Mak Teh! So all in all, my 26th Birthday was... AWESOME!

2 comments:

hui nee said...

wah lu ki "bang seh" ha!

KELVIN said...

Ya lor... something new that everyone should try le...