Friday, July 12, 2013

Random Acts of Kindness

I think it was in conjunction with the month of Ramadhan or something that Red FM discussed on the above matter yesterday morning. And suddenly it reminded me, when was the last time actually I acted "kind" enough to someone else?

There was this one Saturday, I was buying curry puffs from a stall and a few stalls from this curry puffs stall, there was another stall selling kuih. An old Indian lady gave the seller a 5 ringgit note that was not that severely torn - believe me, it was not that badly torn after all. I mean its only a road side stall, not some high class restaurant or something. The seller refused to take her 5 ringgit note cause it was torn at the edges. What a bee-yotch! Then this poor Indian lady, she had to take out all her 10,20,50 cents to pay for her kuih. Oh my God, my heart felt pity to the max for her! Also to mention, the fact that the stall is about 6-7 meters away and I could still hear their conversation, I just couldn't imagine how would that Indian lady felt! By the time I paid for my curry puffs, she was still finding her loose coins to pay for her kuih. THAT WAS IT!

I went to that stall, and the following action had just made my day!

Me : Ah Ka, mari kasih Ah Ka punya duit koyak, saya kasih tukar.
She said nothing but handed me her torn 5 ringgit note.
Me: Tak pa Ah Ka, saya punya bapa kerja bank. Nanti saya boleh tukar. 
Stall Owner: Ha baguih la boleh tukar. Sini susah mau kasih orang duit koyak.
 I gave the stall owner a good stare, and I walked off!

You know what would be better, instead of that Ah Ka paying, I should have paid for her RM1.20's kuih. So what happened to that 5 ringgit note? on the same day, I bought fried rice with that piece of 5 ringgit note!

I think we should by any way, try to be kind at least once a week. It really brings you back to reality of this cruel world.

No comments: