Monday, October 14, 2013

Who is Joe?

Well, Joe is Kelvin's alter ego. Just like Beyonce's alter ego is Sasha Fierce. So the normal "engineer" you see working is actually Kelvin, and the fierce photos of what looks like Kelvin is actually Joe.

Now, this is Joe...



Joe is stunning, confident, successful, cheerful and like what some would say, "He's HOT!".

This, poor thing on the other hand is Kelvin.




Kelvin is rather quiet, workaholic and does not gives a sh*t on his appearances, AT ALL! He can be at times seen as sloop-ish and untidy. But then again, he is a qualified Chemical Engineer working with the national oil company!!!

So Kelvin and Joe goes hand-in-hand. You can't have Kelvin without Joe, nor having Joe with Kelvin would be too bootylicious!

Hahaha... jokes aside, but really I am better known as Joe (or Chow or Choe) by most of my close relatives. This is how it happened. You see, when a baby is born, the typical Chinese parents don't get to choose their baby's name as they wished. They would have to consult someone from the temple to pick the right name for their baby. So the "temple" gave two picks for my parents... Chow and Liang.

My mum straightaway agreed with Chow, hence the complete (and looooong) name would be Kelvin Yew Kean Chow. But when they presented this name to my great-grandmother, she said, "Are you guys crazy? He would be teased 'Kin Cheow' from his friends when he grow up!!!" Kin Cheow in Hokkien simply meant BANANA. Thanks great-grandma!

And thus Madam Lim and Mr. Yew reselected the name, Kelvin Yew Kean Liang for me. But then the weird thing is that, my close family members still recognizes me as Joe, till date! Weird right? Why name someone when you can't call them using their real name?

So long story short, yes, I am a person with multiple names. Call me what you want, I'll still answer with a smile. Peace out peeps!

No comments: