Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Which God is God

Right! The reason for me kinda "abandoning" my own blog was because I'd always wanted to change the blog's header photo and then start blogging fresh. But I'm that busy and never had the time to take photo and replace that header. Soon perhaps... once I had the time.

So this is just something that I wanted to write because suddenly I've thought of it, and managed to share the idea with one of my colleague (who is a Muslim).

We were talking about God, and how a close friend of mine would always pray for my success in uni days during Friday prayers, especially during exams. And I always reciprocate by saying, "Whatever you prayed for me, I'm praying equally the same if not more for you. At the end of the day, the God you pray to, is the same God that I am praying".

Quickly I explained to my colleague, I said its like going to KLCC from Penang. Some may opt to take flight (#PrayForMH370), some may drive through the highway, some stopped at Taiping and took the old road to KL. These different routes are what I call "religions", whereas the ultimate goal of reaching KLCC is God. So you see, our destiny is the same, just that our way to our destiny is different.

Ah-ha! What a day... It was lovely to get such an enlightenment in the midst of a normal workday.


1 comment:

EstC said...

Came across this snipet in an article. , "
Could someone believe in a god and be a freethinker? Easily. Plenty of deists are considered freethinkers. Could someone believe in much of what the Bible says and be a freethinker. Maybe, but such a person would likely not be considered a Christian by most of the rest of those that refer to themselves as such. Could followers of a religion be freethinkers? No, for with religion comes dogma and as dogma comes, so does freethinking take its leave."