Monday, July 2, 2012

Early Sunday

Yesterday was a fine day, though I was awakened by a bad nightmare early in the morning. Waking up that early gave me the advantage to move to Penang Island earlier.



From the bridge, the whole island was not even visible due to the bad haze. But the ease of the traffic allowed me to drive even slower than usual and as I cruised down the bridge, I found this loving couple with their “vehicle”. I must get one of this someday, one fine day.



First destination, Grove St. My guys were having their First Aid Competition, and I wanted to be there to support them. Support apa? I became their cameraman pulak. But OK lah, since I can play around with someone else’s Canon EOS DSLR.


At noon, I moved to my cousin’s house since my aunt is at KL. We had lunch at Burma St.’s Ko Cha Bi (sounds like “Kau Chubby!”). Well, it did mention Taiwanese food, but it left me wondering why was kimchi served? My recommendation, Paper Steamboat Set. I found myself more and more into small restaurants serving niche cuisines, especially located at old buildings with affordable prices. Sweet!



Bla bla bla… It was already 3 p.m., so I headed to this one old shop at Padang Tembak (or the Hokkiens called it Pak Cheng Por). Mission? To get a bottle of Snake brand talcum powder for my Supervisor. Accomplished!


So yes, it was such a fulfilling Sunday. Next week? Perhaps renting a whole Ferry to myself. Just wondering…


No comments: