Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Merry Ferry

Renting a whole ferry to myself huh? Crazy enough of an idea, but I usually believe the sky is the limit. Say ‘YES’ before ‘NO’! Yes, that’s the spirit.



So after a few calls made by my colleague, we had our arrangements made to meet this man of Penang Port – the MAN. We were treated like super duper VIP lah in short. We were allowed to walk in one of the ferry, which was delayed for about 10 minutes so that we can have a view in it.


The very last time I went on a ferry was like 3 years ago, without actually realizing it. The ferries were just newly renovated and had refreshing colours painted on them.


As of now, only 4 ferries are in service. Pulau Angsa was… quack!


Pulau Payar was looking quite pale. Maybe some other day.


Pulau Rawa MUST be avoided! Its not my camera, it is the ferry which is tilted! Dangerous la weyh…


So that leaves us with Pulau Talang – Talang. Blue, calm, charming! Ding!!
Half a day spent on selecting ferry. I know I can be bit*h at times complaining about work, but this was a break really needed after some long hours of work. But the best part of today's visit to the jetty was, I remembered as a child riding on the ferry, I used to ask my mum what are those yellow thingy? I used to call them robotic-giraffes. Long long time ago...


How much to rent a ferry? All I know is that I can't afford to rent one!