Monday, July 30, 2012

The Batu Caves of Bukit Mertajam


I was awakened last Sunday with a pencil of sunlight directly into my bedroom. And it left me to ponder for a while, was this enlightenment?

 
Apparently it wasn’t, it was 9.30 in the morning. So I woke up and drove my way to St. Anne’s Church (or St. Anne’s Sanctuary as they call it). Since many roads are closed on that day, I had to ride on motorcycle, my dad’s in fact.

As usual, the heap of peeps over there smelled…. (It explains the title of this post!)




And candles were a lot more expensive than last year. Not like as if we are going to light till the whole candle finishes, those collectors will blow off the fire after barely 1 cm of the candle are lighted.


The old Church.



The new Church looked very European indeed.




Noticed that the compound of the sanctuary was also very clean. Thanks to some Cleaning Up Rangers, truly well done!



   

 And with this, I will die..


 Correct or not uh?


No comments: