Saturday, July 28, 2012

Believer

Name : Kelvin Yew Kean Liang

Age : 25 years
Sex: Male
Profession: Engineer
Race: Chinese
Religion: Buddhist Believer

Yes, I am a believer. I do not necessary believe in one single belief because I believe each beliefs are only being categorized by human being and only to further complicate life. Fair enough?

For instance, if I were to state that I am a Buddhist in religion, again how Buddhist am I? I don’t necessary attend to all those Dharma and chanting (prayers) sessions at temples. Christian? I left Sunday School (and Church) at the age of 8. Hindu? I don’t shave my head in vow for peace and safety. Muslim? Not yet potong… So who am I?

I believe in Buddha and His existence and most importantly am fascinated with the awakening theory.
I respect my ancestors and the teachings of Tao. In fact, I do think I am more of a Taoist than Buddhist.
I comprehend (some of) the content of the Holy Bible.
I believe in the existence of Hinduism and its link to Buddhism.
I value the Islamic culture and way of life.

So yes, I am a believer. That’s all.

I was on my way home from Lumut yesterday when this road sign at Pantai Remis caught my attention. For some reason, I told myself, make a turn, have a look, and so I did.







Its just a thing with me, I love visiting holy shrines. It was a new temple set to be launched by PM this coming 4th August. So I dropped by to say ‘Hi’ and prayed for my well-being and safety back to Penang (in the case lately I’ve been driving quite recklessly!).

And tonight, heading to the St. Anne’s Feast to light a candle or two. See, I told you I am a believer!

4 comments:

Charles T said...

You and I. We are the same :)

KELVIN said...

Lah... I thought earlier it was an invitation to cover for Lady Gaga's You and I like what we did for Ning Baizura's Drama? Hahaha... Welcome onboard Beliver.

Charles T said...

Dramaaaa taricinta punterciptaaa... :D :D :D ur work looks like a lot of fun btw! #keeps following :)

KELVIN said...

Believe me, work is no fun at all, with constant emo-ness by u know who, i know who.

But, I choose to create happiness at work. If I don't, I will feel even more depressed.