Tuesday, September 18, 2012

When You Know Better, You Do Better.

I have learned two (2) important lessons in life last week. The first being from the book that I’ve read half way (don’t even know when to continue reading), My Stroke of Insight by Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor. How did I encounter such a great book? Miss Oprah Winfrey!


The takeaway from this book is simple and does make sense, it says, “…the simplest explanation of being human is at least to be responsible for the vibes (or energy) that you bring to a specific space or area. It affects others…”.

So, the very next time your superior (or anyone else) raise his/her voice to you, just remember, its his/her decision to bring such a negative vibes to the surrounding, the decision is not yours (and beyond your control)! Its not your fault, and thus do not ever let such negative energy to hold you back at that moment. Simple, yet so true!

Then, I had an opportunity to meet with this one guy, a colleague of mine based in KL. He said, “…make things simple, let common sense rules…”. Guan did not quite agree, and he said that it is hard to make things simple. The matter of fact is that, things were pretty much simple before it became hard complicated. So when something is hard enough, go back to basics (I supposed).

I never knew reading and meeting new people would bring such great pleasure. Now, I know.

When you know better, you do better – Maya Angelou.

No comments: