Saturday, August 3, 2013

Siapa Tak Puasa?

Aku lah, siapa lagi? Hehe...

Its great fun to visit Bazaar Ramadhan as its an exhibition of the best and scrumptious local delicacies. And of course, usually I will be tempted to buy more than what I can consume...my bad. But similar to life lessons, I found (and learned) so much new "food" this year around at the Bazaar Ramadhan.

This is Komoyaki - well at least that's the name of the stall selling these stuff. If you google for komoyaki, you wouldn't find anything. Its just basically shrimp, cuttlefish or chicken balls with cheese and Bonito flakes on top. Nice stuff, but a bit expensive, RM1.20 each ball.



You might already know this, Kebab. Though I've seen it so many times before, this is only the first year I've bought these babes! It has tender pita bread and filled with chicken or beef cooked with veg. Its quite nice, provided that if the filling is not too liquid-ish. Else, it tastes like bread with liquid mayo. Arrgh...


Brain-brain aka Otak-Otak.Unlike the Nyonya version of Otak - Otak which is wrapped with banana leaf and have chunks of fish fillet in it, this version of Otak - Otak is rather fish paste roasted on coconut leaf. For me, I still prefer the Nyonya version with kaduk leaves lemon grass aroma. 


Its great to savor all these amazing stuffs. But just a public reminder, Ramadhan is a holy month for our Muslim friends. So please, PLEASE, don't get going to Bazaar Ramadhan with your short-shortest shorts (especially girls). Respect others to be respected in return. I've seen a few Chinese girls wondering in these bazaar with no less respect, what more, the bazaar was at a mosque's compound.

Till then, am enjoying life to the fullest!

No comments: