Saturday, August 10, 2013

With This Ring, I Thee Wed

The first time I saw the above title (or more accurately "With Mummy's Ring, I Thee Wed") was during Will & Kate's wedding announcement. My goodness, it should be correctly written as HRH Prince William & HRH Princess Katherine. Pardon me for my lack of royal protocol.



Well I know 'thee' in Old English means 'you', but the way the sentence "I Thee Wed" sounds a bit weird. And plus, I thought we are supposed to use You (Thee) before I? But it roughly translates to "You & I Be Wedded".So sweet...

The only 2 rings that I had in my life are...



The gold ring was my 21st birthday's present from my mum. Well, she was supposed to give me a golden key pendant (representing freedom at the age of 21) but I refused so. Just because, I don't wear any necklace, so what's the use of the golden key pendant? I rarely put on the gold ring cause its just too....tacky.

The silver one (is not platinum though), is made of rock. Yes, ROCK! I bought that ring when I was in Adelaide, way back in 2007 at the Adelaide Airport. And, this is the second ring that I've bought. The first slipped from my finger and broke into pieces one fine morning when I was strolling to lectures. So to avoid similar 'incident', I decided to wear the ring with a silver necklace, like what you may noticed in some of my photos before:



Interesting?

2 comments:

Jim said...

i was wearing a ring during that aussie thing. people thought i was married so i refuse to wear one ever since.

KELVIN said...

People can be quite "simplistic-minded" at times.