Sunday, July 29, 2007

Hamtaro goes Barrosa Valley

After a week of lectures, tired and stunned with their way of teaching, I headed to the Barrosa Valley. Barrosa Valley is located at the remote area of Adelaide, 1 hour journey to get there. It is famous for its vineyard and wines. Barrosa Valley contributes to 50% of Australia made wine and 10% of the world’s production. You might be wondering, what does it has to do with me? Well, my brother is in wine making sector, my father sells wine and my granduncle owns a wine making company. Does it sounds any much more relevant that I might be into wines one day? Maybe…

It was a very nice day for us to go for the tour. Unfortunately, we are in the middle of winter. Thus, no grapes and only branches! Despite that, the view of the vineyard was spectacular. Do you guys remember the story we studied in English literature of a man who retired and bought a humble abode in a vineyard? Then he tried killing himself after finding out that he did not have enough money to carry on his life. I felt like the story came to life once again when I was there.



One of the most important thing when you visit a vineyard is of course, THE WINE! I had lots of wine tasting and I’ve finally decided on a BIN138 Penford’s Red Wine (2004’s production) which costs me $31.90. After all, its gonna be a sweet cum expensive memory when I’m back there.

4 comments:

Teo Teck Guan 张得元 said...

Lots of wine tasting? Drunk o not?? Haha

Anonymous said...

so nice!!!!belanja ya when u cum bek..=P

jim said...

whoa!
yay! nice aussie wine when back to utp!
*hint hint*
=P

Charlz said...

wine!!!!~~~ hik2. so xpensive wan? hmm.. btw, ur comments all got show ur pic edi, i notice... haha.. how u do plak eh?