Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Promise



I am proud to announce that my first debut album will be out in stalls on 20th December entitled 'The Promise'. I am very lucky this time as I had the chance to collaborate with many talented yet skillful composers and lyrists. This album means a lot to me as it represents a complete story of my life thus far. Here are the listing of the tracks and the details.



Track No. 1 - Wish
I personally composed this song to express my wish to be with my loved ones. A slow ballad accompanied by a classical guitar, I dearly hope that I sent my message across.

Track No. 2 – Zapin Mak Teh Balik Kampung
A fusion Malaysian ethnic based rhythm and complemented with some hilarious ‘pantun’. Composed by Pak Agooz and lyrics written by Pak Hassan, this song is specially dedicated to my friend whom I affectionately call Mak Teh.

Track No. 3 – That Thing You Do feat. Charlz
This song was originally sung by the Wonders back in 1964. This version of That Thing You Do is redefined and refurbished with a duet style; enhanced with the powerful vocals impact from Charlz (Winner of Star Search Village 4 UTP).

Track No. 4 – Midnight Prayers
Another soulful song written by the world renowned composer Camelia Augustine. This song is a la gospel packed with an expressive lyrics written by Bart.

Track No. 5 – Menghitung …Hari
This song is a parody to Kris Dayanti’s ‘Menghitung Hari’. The only difference of this track to Kris’ is the note for ‘hari’ is tuned down four keys. The change of this part was inspired by my fellow friend, Dinesh, after watching a cabaret songstress singing it that way.

Track No. 6 – Drama feat. Charlz
My personal favorite song in this entire album. Firstly recorded by Ning Baizura, Nikki and Yani, we re-recorded this song with the original key of this song. Although Charlz and I struggled with coping up with the E-minor key (which is more suitable for female vocalists), we manage to pull through this piece. Superb one!

Track No. 7 – Rosebell Rasbra (Theme for Victoria’s Secret 2007)
I was approached by Pak Abbas, who is a creative designer for Victoria’s Secret to record this song for his upcoming Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2007 on 4th December. It’s a fast-beat tempo song, suitable for runway.

Track No. 8 – The Promise & Track No. 9 - Akhirnya
This is another song written by myself to express my excitement and happiness to meet all the people I love soon. Akhirnya is the Malay version of The Promise. Both of these songs are produced by world’s best music producer, Azhar Abu Mamak.

Remember to get this album on stalls. Only original ya!

17 comments:

jim said...

AHAHAH! you too free is it?

ROLFCOPTER FALL DOWN AND DIE.

lol! eh you better make sure sony doesnt see that ler. nanti got lawyer letter in ur mailbox. =P

Anonymous said...

wah,i saw the word "mak teh"..haha,kam siah kam siah...nanti balik u sing it to me la...=) eh,wait u come bek we go sing K...=P

Charlz said...

hohoho.. tak tahan betul! featuring me twice sumore.. hahahaha XD at least my tracks reli exist one.. other tracks ni? bila nk record?? XD nnti peminat sue u bcz they buy cd but inside oni 2 songs kekeekekeke... damn funny la i laugh like hell when i read! ^_^

KELVIN said...

(JIM) Suhhhh....dun tell others ma. Nanti they jealous. I am just too free to the extend that I am back being me - PERASAN! LOL!!!!

(Hui Nee) Bulan mengambang, Mak Teh lah yang balik, Balik ke kampung alahai nan damai... Nanti we go k ok? I miss singing k lo..

(Charlz) Wahai teman duetku. Yeah u r rite, at least our duets are true copy ones. Nyeh nyeh nyeh... I still can't believe it u showed our tracks to Piggy. Manalah aku nak letak muka aku (seperti yg tertera di cover album - The Promise) ini? Aduhai....

accidentally-in-love said...

eh then no song on the people you are gona leave in adelaide soon uh?
the people who mattered for even abit while you were here...
kaus gitu tknk beli and support uh...

hahahha..
congrats lah seh!!

since u r coming in jan.. can u get me one with ur signed autograph!!?
kekekek

Anonymous said...

abuvin!!!!!!!!!! never dedicate a track for ur wife Murni ar???????????

KELVIN said...

I was shocked to DEATH when I saw Beh aka Pak Abbas(the creative designer of Victoria's Secret) commented on my blog. What a great honour. Hahahaha...=)

Anonymous said...

yalo,i oso terkejut besar when i saw his big name appear!!!!!tat guan masih belum comment anyting..may bz kao lui in irc kut...=P

ya la,kelvin,y bo dedicate song to ur jie jie???=P

Anonymous said...

This the real me, the previous 1 is chalz help me post 1.hahaha...hey tis is the 1st time i comment blog le...so proud to receive my comment???haha...remember to invite justion timberlake on 4th disember to perform for my song ok...haha....

KELVIN said...

(BEAR) My WIFE??? Please la, she's history ady! Btw, I thought she loves u? Hahahaha...

(Hui Nee) Ya lo, that Pak Hassan who wrote Zapin Mak Teh Balik Kampung didn't appear yet in my blog. I wonder why ar... Maybe true la he bz kap sui cha bo (who tak berapa sui also tapi perasan sui) LOL!!!! Guan, notty ar...=)

Unknown said...

menghitung hari.. detik demi detik..
ur album couldn't come at a better time..
i mmg menghitung hari oso now!
cepatlah balik..
banyak nak gossip!
for one semester i pendam my gossip all just 4 you tau!~

Unknown said...

btw.. this is dean ash!
not the name-stealing Yiew
DE-space-AN

dean said...

nice.. haha..

jim said...

lol i thought dean surname yiew suddenly malay-ish liao. kenduri tak ajak.

and LOL! beh's link is utp.edu.my? so bangga ah! =D hahahha.

Anonymous said...

I dun noe tat so many ppl miss me oh. Okok. I comment lah. =) Tis few days got papers mah. Now i purposely take one day off to write comment for u leh.

I dun noe i can write lyrics oso. The most interesting part is Dinesh come n ask me I really write lyrics for u kah? Haha. If i'm so talented ah, then i can bcome Malaysia Idol ady lah. Haha.

Charlz said...

WHAHAHAHHAHAHA
i terkejut since when dean talk like makcik oni~ XD nicely said it's de-space-an.. i oways kutuk him bout that oso.. hohoho.. beh's link is UTP website.. i letak wan XD

KELVIN said...

(Charlz)My jaw dropped to the ground floor of my apartment when 'dean' wrote that he had gossips for me.

(Guan) Eh, who knows one day you can be famous and can write lyrics for people who like to perasan pretty. Wakakaka....

(Jim) I din notice that till u wrote it! Gosh, Ah Beh the UTP ambassador.

(dean) I wonder what's nice? The cover album or Dean-ash's joke? Makin bertambah pelik this another yew.

(Kiah) Eh nyah, sabar la ye. I'll be back in a bit! I know u guys misses me lots. Me too actually! I've been gossiping to the wall only lately! =)