Friday, July 13, 2012

A Polite Way to Decline

For the last two nights, this one guy was so keen to meet me up. He called the first night, and I told him that I was going for a bowling training (one heck of an excuse), and thus he said he will meet me up some other time.



And yesterday he called again and so I gave in. We met up at Autocity (and damn it was so packed at night!). He introduced a lady to me, who is his wife and we started chatting. I felt weird as they asked me about my upbringing and family. Since my cup of drink was quickly going low, anxiousness rushed through me. What was the real agenda? That was, we had been chatting for about an hour. Was that just really about to know me better?


Weirdly enough, he suddenly said, “Well, Mr. Kelvin…”. You see, the reason I said its weird because for the past one hour, he called me Kelvin. Then out of a sudden, he called me MR. KELVIN. And then came out one pile of documents and files. INSURANCE & SAVING PLANS!!!!


It lasted for another hour before I finally left the cafĂ©. I straightaway called Guan and seek his ‘expertise’. I asked him, is there a way to politely decline these insurance and saving plans salesman? He said NO. So I went on a research by myself and I found this interesting blog that apparently did write about tackling salesman.


http://www.vyvy.org/main/node/103


Any better ways?

2 comments:

Jim said...

mr kelvin. lol

a simple no thanks i already have one?

KELVIN said...

I tried la Jim, but they keep asking, "Owh izit, which policy, how it works, ours is better...". These peeps went to classes one, all their persuasion sounds scripted.